PHOTOGRAPHS FROM GUATEMALA

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Want to play school?

Learning how to read is a marvellous time in the life of a child. When our granddaughter comes to our house for grandma and grandpa time on Thursday nights, playing school is one of her three favorite activities. The other two are do art with grandma and do scrapbooking with grandma. Last week she wanted to play school and announce that our school activity was "What do you want to do when you grow up?" She wrote the question on the blackboard (actually on the kitchen window with window crayons) with a list of possible professions. When I asked what she wanted to be when she grew up, she said: "An artist, but don't worry grandpa. If I am not good enough, I have lots of options." I was amazed that she knew what that word means. I assured her that she could do anything in this life that she really wants to do and I believe it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Beck n' Ben said...

She is so clever and funny. No doubt, she has learned so much from hanging out with you guys on your Thursday night granddaughter dates. What a lucky little kid.